Client

Error 10501: invalid merchant configuration ?

"We're sorry, but our payment processor returned an error while processing this transaction. Specific error returned: 10501: This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration."

We get this error message when we try to submit payment info (e.g., the Payment Gateways Testing credit card number). The payment gateway is PayPal Pro.

We've rechecked
    Settings > Store Settings
    Settings > Payment > Gateways
    Settings > Payment > Methods
    and everything seems to be in order.
    We've checked diag_curl.php: A-OK.

Where else should we be looking?

(I posted this question a couple of days ago in the General Support section, but have received no replies. I apologize for posting the same question here, but, after receiving no response, I thought maybe I didn't place the original query in the most appropriate section.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

It sounds like you skipped step #3 in the setup instructions:
    http://squirrelcart.com/help/?PayPal...nts%20Pro.html

Client

Error 10501: Thank you

Jamie, Thank you. We have asked the merchant to double-check on that step #3 (their acceptance of PayPal Pro's billing agreement).

Client

Scared

I'm getting this same error code (found this thread, in fact, by searching for "10501"). Step #3 is the acceptance of PayPal's billing agreement, right? I made sure to do that just after getting my account approved, and even went back and double checked it just now. The link is greyed out, showing that it's been done already.

Is there anything else that could be generating this error? So close to getting things all set up. . .it would be so nice to have it working soon.

By the way, Jamie, Squirrelcart is an amazing product. Now that I've finally gotten around to customizing the appearance and getting things set up, I'm realizing more and more what a brilliant bit of work it is. Thanks a ton!

-Joshua

Client
    Finally got it fixed, and thought I would post a follow-up --

After calling paypal, it turned out that the problem was on their end. I had accepted the billing agreement all right, but somehow it "didn't take" as the tech support guy phrased it. After toggling the access for my account off and then on again, things are working great. Go figure.

Client

Error 10501: invalid merchant configuration ?

Also following up (a bit late, due to family emergencies and extended travel ... sorry): Our merchant said they did take care of step #3 during initial set-up. We asked them to double-check with paypal. The problem was resolved.

Jamie, thanks for getting us pointed in the right direction.

New User

Specific error returned: 10501 invalid merchant configuration

Jamie,

I am getting the same error that you replied to in this thread:

"Specific error returned: 10501: This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration."

I rechecked my settings at Paypal, and had them check it, also. Paypal advised that my settings with them are correct and it is passing info. They stated that the problem probably rested in some HTM code within the card processing (checkout) page. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    It sounds like you skipped step #3 in the setup instructions:
    http://squirrelcart.com/help/?PayPal...nts%20Pro.html

New User

Merchant Configuration Error - FIXED

Jamie,
    For some reason before I posted the last message, I was only able to see the first post with the problem, and your reply. After I posted, other posts "popped up" I read the one where paypal "accept billing" did not take. I called Paypal and read the post to them. They toggled my account ane all is well. I just charged myself some money, so I have to go refund it. Thanks for this forum and everyone's input.

Tom

Any suggestions??
    If you followed our documentation correctly for setting up PayPal and are still getting that error message, PayPal is responsible for telling you why they are reporting that error message. I don't have the ability to tell you why they are issuing that error code because I don't have access to their system.

New User

Fixed

Jamie,

About 20 minutes after my first post, I reposted to say that I had read another post that was for some reason not available to me before I posted. With the info I found, I called Paypal and read to them info I got off of a post here and convinced them to toggle my account. They did and It works correctly. Thanks again for the help.

Tom

Those rat bastards! Glad they fixed it.

Thread Information